In news- In order to address the problems of elders in the context of the ongoing COVID pandemic, state wise call centres in major states under the ELDERLINE project have been started.
About the helpline-
- The helpline will operate through decentralised call centres at the state level with a Central monitoring and Data analysis system in the Ministry of Social Justice and empowerment.
- The facility is already made operational in 5 major States of UP, MP, Rajasthan, Tamilnadu and Karnataka.
- In Telangana, this facility has been working for more than a year.
- Efforts are being made to make them functional in all States by the end of May, 2021.
- These call centres can be reached by toll free number 14567.
- The ELDERLINE is operationalised with the assistance of Tata Trusts and NSE foundation.