Recently the Union Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment inaugurated the week-long Exhibition-cum-Fair “EKAM Fest
Who organized it?
It was organised by National Handicapped Finance Development Corporation (NHFDC) under M/o Social Justice & Empowerment
What is it?
- EKAM Fest is an effort for promoting entrepreneurship and knowledge among Divyangjan community, generating awareness among society about potentialities of PwDs & amp; providing a major marketing opportunity to PwDs entrepreneurs.
- NHFDC Foundation is making efforts for the development of a brand and platform for marketing of products of these determined entrepreneurs.
- Accordingly, the name of the brand has arrived at Ekam (Entrepreneurship, Knowledge, Awareness, Marketing).
- The word Ekam also represents the inclusiveness, oneness and unity which appropriately describe the efforts being put in by NHFDC to develop the marketing platform and aggregation of the products through the promotion of entrepreneurship, knowledge sharing, Awareness creation and marketing initiatives amongst the Divyangjan.
About the EKAM Fest
- Ekam Fest hosted a number of activities like cultural extravaganza including performances by Divyang artists and well-known professionals.
- Additional highlights of the event are astrological consultations and foot massage by Divyang professionals.
- In the first Ekam Fest, Divyang Entrepreneur and Artisans from all over the country were invited with representation from J&K to Puducherry and from Nagaland to Gujarat.
- The fest saw vibrant products of from J&K and NE with products ranging from handicraft, handloom, Embroidery work and dry fruits.
- It was an opportunity for all to encourage these products made with extraordinary determination by the divyang craftspersons and entrepreneurs.
The new initiatives of NHFDC showcased in the Fest are:
- NHFDC Swavalamban Kendra (NSK): NHFDC has taken an initiative to establish PWD owned micro skill training Centers throughout the country for skill training of PwDs. These NSKs will have the capacity to provide quality skill training to around 120 PwDs per year NSK. The PwD owner of the NSK is expected to earn around Rs 20,000 per month.
- Safe Cabs in Delhi and Indore: NHFDC has made arrangement with Sakha Cabs where the PwD owned commercial vehicles will be driven by the Women drivers to provide safe taxi option for the women, children and senior citizen commuters. Such Safe cabs are already in operation at New Delhi and Indore Airport. The vehicles here are financed by NHFDC under its scheme.
- Safe Drinking Water E Carts: NHFDC has recently agreed to finance E-carts fitted with RO water dispensing vending machines. These carts will sell water in paper glasses maintaining hygiene. The carts will be supported in operation by Bharat Jal. The PwD owner is expected to earn Rs 10,000/- to Rs 15,000/- per month in the operation of these carts.
|A brief note on NHFDC|