Recently the Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed Ekal Vidyalaya Sangathan, Gujarat through a video message. PM congratulated Ekal Vidyalaya Sangathan for spearheading the ‘Ekal School Abhiyan’Vision of Ekal to facilitate the process of empowering rural & tribal communities based on the concept of social,economic & gender equality.
What is it?
- Ekal Vidyalaya is a Movement involved in integrated & holistic development of rural & tribal India and Nepal.
- Ekal is anon-profit organization on a mission to bring basic education to every child across rural India
- Ekal Abhiyan is the umbrella organisation inspiring the setup of single teacher schools across rural and tribal India. These schools are known as Ekal Vidyalayas.
- The main activity undertaken in this movement is to run one-teacher schools (known as Ekal Vidyalayas) all over India, in the remotest rural & tribal villages to take the education to every child.
- The overriding philosophy of Ekal Vidyalaya Movement is to take a holistic approach of social and economic development to Tribal & Rural India that is Bharat and Nepal.
- With the participation of numerous trusts and non-profit organizations, this movement has become the largest grassroots level non-governmental education & development movement that operates in the remote villages of India and Nepal.
- The Ekal movement aims to help eradicate illiteracy from rural and tribal India and Nepal following the philosophy of rural development based on the criteria of equality & inclusiveness across all the sections of the society.