In news– Eastern Bridge-VI a bilateral joint exercise between the Indian Air Force (IAF) and the Royal Air Force of Oman (RAFO) was held in Jodhpur from 21 to 25 of February 2022.
About Eastern Bridge Exercise-
- It was the 6th edition of the exercise aimed at providing an opportunity to enhance operational capability and interoperability between the two Air Forces.
- 5th edition of the exercise was held in October 2019 at the Air Force Base Masirah, Oman.
- It was the first time that MIG-29 fighter aircraft participated in an International exercise outside India.
- Oman is considered one of the strongest defence partners of India in the Gulf region, and all three services have bilateral exchanges and exercises with Oman’s services.
- Oman also provides operational support to the Indian Navy in the Arabian Sea, and India has access to the Duqm port, which has strengthened India’s capability and maritime strategy in the Indian Ocean Region.
- This port is situated on the southeastern seaboard of Oman, overlooking the Arabian Sea and the Indian Ocean.
- Al Nagah is a joint military exercise held between India and Oman.