In news- National Teleconsultation Service of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare is the first of its kind online OPD service offered by a country government to its citizens.
About the service-
- The National Telemedicine Service comprises two variants of e-Sanjeevani namely,
- doctor to doctor (eSanjeevani AB-HWC) telemedicine platform that is based on hub and spoke model
- patient to doctor telemedicine platform (eSanjeevani OPD) which provides outpatient services to the citizens in the confines of their homes
- The e-Sanjeevani AB-HWC is being implemented at Health and Wellness Centres under Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
- It was rolled out in November 2019 and Andhra Pradesh was the first State to roll out e-Sanjeevani AB-HWC services.
- The e-Sanjeevani OPD provides digital health services to the citizens through more than 250 online OPDs setup.
- Anyone can seek medical advice and medication through audio and video.
- Over 220 of these online OPDs are specialist OPDs and the rest are general OPDs.
- It was rolled out in April 2020 during the first lockdown in the country when all the OPDs were closed.
- The service is operational in 31 States and Union Territories and Tamil Nadu, UP, Karnataka are the top 3 states availing the facility.
- Top five districts with largest number of consultations are Salem (Tamil Nadu), Madurai (Tamil Nadu), Hassan (Karnataka), Meerut (Uttar Pradesh) and Raebareli (Uttar Pradesh).
- Majority of patients (50.35%) fall between 20 and 40 years.