Source: Press Information Bureau
The e-version of Rozgar Samachar has been launched recently by the Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting.
Key highlights e-Rozgar
- It has been launched with a view to make aspirants aware of job opportunities in the government sector including public sector enterprises.
- It will also provide information and guidance about admission and career opportunities in various streams through career-oriented articles by experts.
- It is expected to meet the emerging challenge of young readers switching to electronic modes of communication.
About Rozgar Samachar/Employment News
- Rozgar Samachar is the corresponding version of Employment News (English). Employment News is the flagship weekly job journal from the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India.
- It was launched in 1976 with a view to providing information on employment opportunities to the unemployed and underemployed youth of the country.
- The journal is published in English(Employment News), Hindi (Rozgar Samachar) and Urdu (Rozgar Samachar) and has a circulation of over one lakh copies per week.
- The job journal provides information related to job vacancies, job oriented training programmes, admission notices related to job oriented exams and results of recruitment exams in respect of:
- Ministries/Departments/Offices/Organizations/Autonomous bodies/ Societies/ PSUs of the Central Government, State Government and UT Administrations
- Nationalised banks/ RRBs /UPSC/SSC/ Constitutional and Statutory bodies;and
- Central/State Governments Universities/ Colleges/Institutes recognized by the UGC/AICTE.
- In addition to this, Employment News also provides editorial content on socio-economic issues and career guidance that helps youth in broadening their horizons.
- The job journal serves as a guide to the youth; especially those in rural areas, by helping them gain an understanding of the job market and the plethora of employment opportunities that otherwise go unnoticed. The weekly educates the young people to make an informed decision about their careers.