Source: Kurkshethra Magazine
The E-pashu Haat portal aims to connect breeders and farmers regarding the availability of bovine germplasm. The portal has been launched under the scheme “National Mission on Bovine Productivity.” E-Pashu Haat is an extensive portal, which provides information on pet cattle, trading of bovine animals that were not offered on any other platform in the country
The portal aims to be a
- E-Trading Market portal for livestock germplasm and additional related services.
- Will connect farmers with breeders – Central, State, Co-operative and private agencies.
- Real-time authentic certified information on the availability of germplasm.
- Centralized repository of information for Central and State Governments.
Services offered under the portal
- Provides direct access to the farmers/ breeders to various organizations/sources wherein frozen semen, embryos and livestock certifications are available.
- Connects farmers to 56 semen stations, 4 Central Herd Registration Scheme (CHRS) ( 4 States) and 7 Central Cattle Breeding Farms (CCBFs) in the country.
- Provides details like animal / frozen semen ID, progeny particulars (sire directory), rates and other terms & conditions.
- Farmers can directly get details like address, contact numbers, photo gallery, etc . of individual Institutes / Agriculture universities in States.
Major outcomes of the scheme
- Propagation of quality-controlled germplasm;
- Availability of disease-free germplasm with known genetic merit
- Price evaluation available to a buyer
- One-stop portal for bovine breeders
- No involvement of middlemen in the sale and purchase of animals
- Sale only of the tagged animal with animal wellness card
- Propagation of indigenous bovine breeds in the country
- Increase in milk production and productivity