- Government of India accords highest priority to the Digital India programme that is an umbrella programme for transforming India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.
- The pillars of Digital India programme, namely ‘e-Governance: Reforming Government through Technology’ and ‘e-Kranti – Electronic Delivery of Services’ respectively are directly linked to the e-Kranti: National e-Governance Plan (NeGP) 2.0.
- The implementation of e-Kranti is vital for Digital India and for the delivery of e-governance, easy governance and good governance in the country.
Vision and Mission:–
- Transforming e-Governance for Transforming Governance.
- To ensure a Government-wide transformation by delivering Government services electronically to the citizens through integrated and interoperable systems via multiple modes, while ensuring efficiency, transparency and reliability of such services at affordable costs.
Principles of e-Kranti
- Transformation and not Translation: This principle emphasizes that , the programs must not merely translate itself from document or Pen and Paper service to Digital service, it must transform itself, so that the end-user(Public) could get hassle free access to government services.
- Integrated Services and not Individual Services: More often than not ,we have come across issues where various departments of Governments work in silos and there is rarely any coordination among them, instead the coordination part rests upon the individual who wants certain services.This give the space for corruption and bribery is paid to move a file from one department to another. But this principle is trying to change that by integrating the departments , making file movement digital , hence the coordination part rests upon the departments and not on the beneficiary.
- Government Process Re-engineering: Elimination of Non-Value-Adds,process optimization,Standardization, Automation and Self service
- Cloud by Default: Government Cloud as default cloud for services and no requirement of separate infrastructure set up for any service.Government cloud service known as – Meghraj
- Mobile First: Making services available via Mobile phones
- Mandating Standards and Protocols
- Language Localization
- Security and Electronic Data Preservation
Why e-Kranti :
- Need to exploit Emerging Technologies: Cloud, Mobile Platform- Smartphones, Tablets,Geo-Spatial Information System, Big Data Analytics
- Avoid risk of obsolescence
- Need for introducing more agile implementation model
Few Projects related to e-Kranti:
- Roads and Highways Information System (RAHI)
- Agriculture 2.0
- Common IT Roadmap for Para Military Forces
- Urban Governance