- E Gram Swaraj portal is the official portal of central govt for the implementation of Swamitva scheme.
- The e-gram Swaraj app is a single digital platform that keeps an account of panchayats.
E-Gram Swaraj Portal
- Ministry: Ministry of Panchayati Raj
- Aim: To bring in better transparency and strengthening of the e-Governance in Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) across the country through decentralized planning, progress reporting and work-based accounting.
- The E-Gram Swaraj Portal is one single interface on which the panchayat wise details will be listed.
- The platform will provide records of work from planning to the implementation in every village panchayat under Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP).
- To strengthen e-Governance in Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) across the country, Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR) has launched eGramSwaraj, a user friendly web-based portal.
Benefits of this Portal
- Speed and Efficiency: Monitoring and recording all the work via Gram Swaraj Portal/App will help speed-up the implementation of projects in village areas.
- Ease of Access: One can access and know about the groundwork, as it will contain the details of ongoing development works and the fund allocated for the projects.
- Accountability: All the details related to Panchayat Sachiv and Panch can be viewed on Gram Swaraj Portal.
- Accessibility: The works of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj will be accessible through Gram Swaraj Portal.
- Transparency: The Gram Swaraj Portal and application will provide a boost in transparency by decentralized planning of development projects, with progress reports updates and increased accountability.
Eligible to create an account on the Gram Swaraj Portal
- There is no eligibility criteria as per the registration on the App/portal.
- Anybody can create an account on the Gram Swaraj Portal and know about the developmental works of villages.