In News: Recently, Dr Justice Dhananjaya Y. Chandrachud, inaugurated an e-Filing 3.0 module to allow electronic filing of court documents, through a virtual event.
About e-filing 3.0 module
- The e-filing 3.0 module, introduced by the e-Committee of the Supreme Court, allows electronic filing of court documents.
- With the introduction of the new module, there will be no need for lawyers or clients to visit the court premises for filing of a case.
- The filing process can take place even when the court, client and lawyer are at three different locations.
- Lawyers sitting in their own office can do the entire exercise without travelling. And the project system was completed in a record time of 6 months.
- The Judgments and Orders search portal is a repository of judgments pronounced by various High Courts in the country.
- It provides facility to search judgements and final orders based on multiple search criteria.
The e-filing portal aims to aid in the work of the lawyers
- Providing readymade templates for drafting.
- The templates can help advocates in quickly drafting their pleadings.
- These pleadings can be uploaded and shared with the clients who can e-sign them from their homes.
- The new module will allow a litigant submitting the documents to video record their oath.
- The portal will let lawyers add their colleagues and juniors as partners and allow all of them to work on a case collectively.
- The portal will provide a portfolio management and case planner tool which will help track developments across respective cases.
The main features of the portal are:
- Free text search facilitates user to search judgments based on any keyword or combination of multiple keywords
- Users can also search judgments based on various criteria like including bench, case type, case number, year, petitioner/ respondent name, judge name, act, section, disposal nature and decision date. Combination of several search options assist the users to get the desired results.
- The embedded filtering feature allows further filters on available results, thus adding value to the search.