Source: Press Information Bureau
The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare launched the eDantseva website and mobile application, the first-ever national digital platform on oral health information and knowledge dissemination
- This initiative of the Health and Family Welfare Ministry with AIIMS and other stakeholders aims to sensitize the public about the significance of maintaining optimum oral health and equips them with the tools and knowledge to do so, including awareness on the nearest oral health service facility.
- The website and mobile application provide oral health information gathered from authentic scientific resources and connect the public to timely advice for managing any dental emergency or oral health problem.
- e-DantSeva contains information about the National Oral Health Program, detailed list of all the dental facility and colleges, Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) material
- The developed IEC material aims to eliminate the prevailing myths and misconceptions regarding maternal and child health and also encourages a visit to the dentist during pregnancy and early childhood years.
- In e-DantSeva, a unique feature called the ‘Symptom Checker’, which provides information on symptoms of dental/oral health problems, ways to prevent these, the treatment modes, and also directs the user to find their nearest available dental facility (public and private sectors both).
- The website also provides GPRS route/images/satellite images of the facility for easier access to the general population.
- The Union Health Minister also released the Braille booklet and Voice over on Oral Health Education for the visually impaired individuals, along with the oral health posters for pregnant women and children.
This marks an important milestone as e-DantSeva will reach out to more than one billion people with one click in the form of a dedicated website and mobile application.
In 2014, National Oral Health Programme in its current form was introduced. The Center for Dental Education and Research (CDER), AIIMS, New Delhi functions as the National Center of Excellence for Implementation of NOHP. The Centre has been instrumental in providing consultation and support for the research and other activities for the National Oral Health Program.