In News: The second edition of the joint military exercise, based on counter-terrorist operations in Kashmir, will be held from March 9.
About Dustlik Exercise
- The contingent of the Uzbekistan Army has arrived in Delhi for Indo-Uzbek joint exercise Dustlik.
- The joint military exercise of India and Uzbekistan ‘DUSTLIK II’ commenced on March 10, 2021, in Ranikhet (Uttarakhand).
- This is the 2nd edition of the annual bilateral joint exercise of the armies of India and Uzbekistan and it will continue till March 19.
- The first edition of the exercise took place in Uzbekistan in November 2019.
- In order to participate in the exercise, the Uzbek soldiers arrived in New Delhi on March 8.
- The joint army exercise is mainly based on counter-terrorist operations and aims at enhancing the military cooperation between the two countries.
- Exercise between India and Uzbekistan will provide a push to the ever-growing military and diplomatic ties between the two countries.
- Also reflect the strong resolve of the two nations to counter-terrorism.