The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy approved the setting up of a dispute resolution mechanism for disputes between solar/ wind power developers, and the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI)
- Under the mechanism, a three member Dispute Resolution Committee will be set up. The Committee members will be eminent persons located in the NCR of Delhi.
- This mechanism will be applicable for all solar/ wind schemes and projects being implemented by the SECI/NTPC.
- The Committee will consider the following type of cases:
- All cases of appeals against decisions given by SECI on extension of time requests based on the terms of contract, and
- All requests for extension not covered under the terms of contract.
- The recommendations of the Committee and the Ministry’s observations will be placed before the Minister for New and Renewable Energy for final decision.
About Solar Energy Corporation of India
Solar Energy Corporation of India ltd (SECI) is a CPSU under the administrative control of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), set up on 20th Sept, 2011 to facilitate the implementation of JNNSM and achievement of targets set therein. It is the only CPSU dedicated to the solar energy sector. It was originally incorporated as a section-25 (not for profit) company under the Companies Act, 1956.
To build ‘Green India’ through harnessing abundant solar radiation and to achieve energy security for the country.
- To become the leader in development of large scale solar installations, solar plants and solar parks and to promote and commercialize the use of solar energy to reach remotest corner of India.
- To become leader in exploring new technologies and their deployment to harness solar energy.
About National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC).
- NTPC is India’s largest power utility with an installed capacity of 55,126 MW (including JVs), plans to become a 130 GW company by 2032.
- Established in 1975, NTPC aims to be the world’s largest and best power major.
- NTPC has comprehensive Rehabilitation & Resettlement and CSR policies well integrated with its core business of setting up power projects and generating electricity.
- The company is committed to generating reliable power at competitive prices in a sustainable manner by optimising the use of multiple energy sources with innovative eco-friendly technologies thereby NTPC is contributing to the economic development of the nation and upliftment of the society