What is project Disha?
- It is a partnership between UNDP and the India Development Foundation, supported by IKEA Foundation, that aims to support one million underprivileged women in India learn marketable skills and connect with income opportunities.
- The Disha project helps women become economically self-sufficient through training, employment and entrepreneurial skill development
- It tests innovative models of public-private partnership for scalability; and establishes a continuum that connects education with skills, jobs and growth.
- Touch the lives of 1 million women over a period of three years and establish a model for broad-based replication
- Provide women and girls with the skills and knowledge that will help them secure employment or start their own businesses.
- Support the Government of India’s flagship skill development initiatives through policy, research and development support services.
- It is funded by IKEA Foundation