In news– Chief Justice of India N V Ramana launched FASTER (Fast and Secured Transmission of Electronic Records) platform recently.
About FASTER digital platform-
- It is a digital platform to communicate interim orders(e-copies), stay orders, bail orders etc., of the Supreme Court to intended parties/ authorities concerned through a secured electronic communication channel.
- The FASTER system is developed on war footing by the Registry in collaboration with the National Informatics Center.
- To reach all districts of India through this system, so far 73 nodal officers have been nominated at various levels.
- All nodal officers have been connected through a specific Judicial Communication Network (JCN) by creating a secured pathway.
- A FASTER cell has been established in the Registry of the Supreme Court.
- The cell will transmit digitally signed records of proceedings or orders related to bail and release passed by the court to the nodal officers and duty holders concerned through email.