not-for-profit company set up by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) igital India Corporation is a , Govt. of India, under Section 8 of Companies Act 2013. Earlier the company was known as ‘Media Lab Asia’. It has been renamed as ‘Digital India Corporation’.
Functions of DIC
- To provide support to Government of India through MeitY, to steer and anchor Digital India and all related policy and implementation initiatives.
- To promote digital transactions including digital payments through various mediums.
- To support MeitY in all its initiatives with policy and implementation related issues concerning various ongoing programmes & schemes in ICT domain.
- To support Ministries/ Departments in crafting progressive e-Governance strategies, to promote accountability, efficiency, efficacy and transparency.
- To source and make available from both the markets as well as within government, a pool of specialized technically skilled manpower for hardware, software, networks, cyber security and laws, standards, quality and testing in ICT domain.
- To promote innovation and evolve models for empowerment of citizens through digital initiatives.
- To establish the National e-Governance Academy and to put in place an institutional mechanism for capacity building of government and its agencies.
Divisions of the Corporation
- Technology development and deployment division: The vision is to bring the benefits of innovative solutions for socio-economic uplift at the grass root level of the society.
- National e-governance division: NeGD is an independent business division established by MeitY within DIC to undertake programme management of National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). NeGD has its own head as President and CEO and the government personnel in NeGD are taken on deputation to DIC.
- MyGov: It is a unique first of its kind participatory governance initiative involving the common citizen at large.