The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, conferred Digital India Awards 2020 via video conferencing in a virtual awards ceremony
About Digital India Awards
- Digital India Awards have been institutionalized under the ambit of National Portal of India to honour exemplary initiatives/practices in Digital-Governance.
- The National Portal of India (https://india.gov.in) is a Flagship Project to facilitate single window access to Government Information and Services in cyberspace.
- The awards have been held for 5 seasons earlier, in 2009, 2012, 2014, 2016 & 2018.
- The Awards were initially known as Web Ratna Awards until 2014 and were re-named Digital India Awards from the 2016 season.
- In order to initiate and steer the activities for the Digital India Awards 2020, a high level Jury under the Chairmanship of Secretary, MeitY with representation from government, industry and academia was constituted.
Categories of Digital India Awards
Twenty-two digital governance initiatives/ products by Government entities under six categories received Digital India Awards 2020 for designing and implementing innovative citizen-centric digital solutions and improving the ease of living for all citizens. Awards under Jury Choice were given to Arogya Setu and eOffice.
The 6th Digital India Awards 2020 have been announced under the following six categories:
- Innovation in Pandemic: To felicitate a Government Entity which has developed an outstanding, innovative digital solution to facilitate the citizens to undertake various activities with ease during the time of pandemic in areas like communication, health, education, travel etc. or to ensure continuity of government services.
- Excellence in Digital Governance-MINISTRY / DEPARTMENT (Central): To felicitate a Ministry or Department of the Government of India which has a comprehensive digital presence and displays a high level inter and intra-Department Integration in its digital initiatives. Integration with electronic authentication and digital payments are also assessed.
- Excellence in Digital Governance- STATE / UT: The Award acknowledges the State/UT of India that displays exemplary initiative in establishing comprehensive digital presence in sectors like health, labour, finance, social justice and environment leading to the accomplishment of sustainable development goals.
- Excellence in Digital Governance – DISTRICT: To reward the accomplishments of the District administration which has displayed exemplary focus on providing comprehensive information to the citizens in the regional language. Entries must display the spectrum of coverage highlighting the important facets of the district in terms of tourism, art, culture, handicraft and access to utilities.
- Open Data Champion: Open Data Championship Award is to acknowledge the Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations/ States for proactive, timely and regular release of datasets/resources through Web Services/APIs on the Open Government Data (OGD) Platform (https://data.gov.in) in compliance with the National Data Sharing and Accessibility Policy (NDSAP).
- Exemplary Product: The award honors those products that have made their mark in the field of Digital Governance. The product must have shown a high degree of replicability, scalability and must be successfully implemented by government departments / entities. Aspect of Digital security is a primary criterion of evaluation.
In addition to above six categories, Jury Choice Award was conferred to honour excellence in design and implementation of National Public Digital Platform.
Central Government Ministries /Departments /Offices /Institutions, State Government Departments /Offices /Institutions, District Administrations and Indian Missions Abroad were eligible to apply for the Digital India Awards (https://digitalindiaawards.gov.in). A project could be nominated for more than one category.
List of winners-2020
|1.||Innovation in Pandemic||1. eSanjeevani – National Telemedicine Service|
2. COVID-19 Sample Collection Management System
3. Aapda Sampoorti Portal
4. Pravasi Shramik and Rojgar Setu Portal
|2.||Excellence in Digital Governance – MINISTRY / DEPARTMENT (Central)||1. eCommittee Supreme Court of India, Department of Justice|
2. Department of Posts
3. Department of Fertilizers
4. Department of Land Resource
|3.||Excellence in Digital Governance – STATE / UT||1. Haryana|
2. Tamil Nadu
3. Uttar Pradesh
4. West Bengal
|4.||Excellence in Digital Governance – DISTRICT||1. Khargone, Madhya Pradesh|
2. Changlang, Arunachal Pradesh
3. Kamareddy, Telangana
|5.||Open Data Champion||1. Health Sector Data on OGD Platform India|
2. The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
3. Food Corporation of India (FCI)
4. Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME)
|6.||Exemplary Product||1. Port Community System PCS1x – National Maritime Single Window|
2. ServicePlus – A metadata-based Service Delivery Platform
3. Integrated Temple Management System – ITMS
|7.||Jury’s Choice||1. ArogyaSetu|