The Clinic Approach
- In the First Five- Year, the natural method of family planning (the Rhythm Method) was propagated.
- It was based on the assumption that those who need family planning would visit such clinics without any hesitation.
- It was outlined in the Report of the Director of Family Planning for 1962-63.
- It involved the adoption of an educational approach to bring about changes in the knowledge, attitudes, and behavior of the people in regard to family planning.
- It was formulated in the Fifth Five-Year Plan.
- The Family Planning Programme was integrated into Maternal and Child Health (M.C.H.) and Nutrition Services
- Massive vasectomy camps were organized.
- The approach was introduced in 1971- 1972
The Reproductive and Child Health Approach
- Reproductive and sexual health and the rights and the provision of services were emphasized post Programme of Action Adopted at the International Conference on Population and Development (ICPD) held at Calro in September 1994.