In News: Recently, Commerce & Industry Minister launched DGFT ‘Trade Facilitation’ Mobile Appduring the online video conference, for promoting ease of doing business and providing quick access to information to importers/exporters.
About DGFT Trade Facilitation App
- The trade facilitation mobile app of the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) is a state-of-the-art system.
- It will help improve the efficiency of both importers and exporters.
- The app would provide real-time trade policy updates, notifications, applications, status alerts and real-time data.
- It would also enable exporters and importers to explore item wise exim (export-import) data, policy, and statistics.
- The app will be available on Android and iOS platforms. It can also be downloaded from the DGFT website.
- It has been developed by Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), as per the directions of the DGFT.
- The new app provides features such as all services offered by DGFT, tracking IEC Portfolio – IEC, applications, authorisations; raise and track help requests in real-time and share trade and public notices.
The new Mobile App of DGFT provides the following features for ease of the exporters and importers
- Real-time Trade Policy Updates and Event Notifications
- Your Trade Dashboard Anytime Anywhere
- Access all services offered by DGFT in App
- Explore Item-wise Export-Import Policy and Statistics
- 24×7 Virtual Assistance for Trade Related Queries
- Track your IEC Portfolio – IEC, Applications, Authorizations
- Real-time Alerts on status of applications
- Raise and track help requests in real-time
- Share Trade Notices, Public Notices easily
Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT)
- It is an agency of the Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- It was established in 1991.
- Responsible for implementing the country’s foreign trade policy.
- It has headquarters in New Delhi with 38 regional offices all over the country.
- It is headed by the Director-General of Foreign Trade.
- The Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) appoints the DGFT.
- It is responsible for administering laws regarding foreign trade and foreign investment in India and for the execution of India’s import and export Policy.
- It offers facilitation to exporters in connection with developments in international trade such as WTO Agreements, Rules of Origin etc. to aid them in their export and import decisions in an international dynamic environment.