targeted financial and physical benefits can accrue to the SCs. s a part of the socio-economic and financial inclusion strategy of the Government to ensure that all segments of the society, particularly the Scheduled Castes, are benefited, the concept of Development Action Plan for SCs (DAPSC) is being implemented so that
Features of DAPSC
- A certain percentage of funds are earmarked by Ministry/ Department wise exclusively for the welfare of SCs, for implementing identified schemes/programmes.
- The funds under the SC component are not re-appropriated to non-SC heads.
- As per Census 2011, the total SC population in the country, including Uttar Pradesh, is 20.14 cr which is 16.6% of the total population of the country.
- There is no provision for State-wise allocation of funds under DAPSC, however, the total funds allocated under various Schemes under DAPSC during the last three years and the current year is as below:
- The DAPSC allocation has been increasing on a year-to-year basis and its percentage to the total allocation under the identified schemes has been higher than the percentage of SC population in the country as per the Census 2011.
- The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has developed an online-web portal (e-utthaan.gov.in) for monitoring the progress against financial, physical and outcome targets under the DAPSC.
- Nodal officers have been appointed by the concerned Departments/ Ministries to ensure better monitoring of the program.