In news– Recently, the Union Minister for Culture inaugurated the Devayatanam conference-An Odyssey of Indian Temple Architecture, at Hampi, Karnataka.
About Devayatanam conference-
- It was organized by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) of the Ministry of Culture under Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- The conference aims to deliberate upon the philosophical, religious, social, economic, technical, scientific, art and architectural aspects of the temple.
- It also intends to initiate a dialogue on the evolution and development of the various styles of temple architecture such as the Nagara, Vesara, Dravida, Kalinga and others.
- It also aims to create interest among scholars and students alike, to learn and respect our heritage.
- Various sessions of discussions included Temple- From the Formless to Form, Temple- Evolution of Temple Architecture, Temple-Regional Development Forms and Styles, Temple-Epicenter of art, culture, education, administration and economy, Temple-Protector of environment, Temple- Culture diffusion in Southeast Asia.