In news : Ministry of Tourism showcases various tourism assets under Dekho ApnaDesh Campaign during the Covid unlock phase
About Dekho Apna Desh campaign
- Ministry: The Ministry of Tourism is organizing a series of Webinars under the overall theme of Dekho Apna Desh.
- Launch: It was launched in 2020
- It encourages the citizens to travel widely within the country and explore the wonders of India thus enabling the development of Domestic Tourism tourist facilities and infrastructure in tourism spots in the country.
- The objective of this webinar series is to create awareness about and promote various tourism destinations of India – including the lesser known destinations and lesser known facets of popular destinations.
- Under this campaign tourists who visit at least 15 tourism hotspots will be awarded with an exciting prize
- According to the Dekho Apna Desh Pledge campaign, avid travellers who are able to visit at least 15 tourist destinations spread across different parts of the country by the year 2022 will be given an exciting prize which might include tour packages and tickets to exotic places..
- People have also been provided with the facility of downloading the Certificate of Commitment from the same website after they have taken the pledge.
- The Certificate of Commitment can also be shared on the timeline of various social media websites including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to not only let your friends know about your commitment but to also inspire them to join the initiative.