Defence Minister launches portal for defence Land Management System (LMS)
About the Land Management System (LMS)
- As part of efforts to improve overall management of defence land, for the first time a Land Management System (LMS) has been developed by the Department of Defence in conjunction with DGDE and Armed forces.
- The Intranet portal shall digitize all requests of defence land management received by the Department in future.
- All data for cases since 2016 have already been captured and are available in the portal.
- The portal is expected to bring in greater speed, transparency and efficiency into the Land Management System (LMS) of the Department.
- With the integration of GIS-based tools, it will improve the decision making process by removing duplication/unnecessary communication between various stakeholder groups involved in the decision-making process.
- The technical support for this GIS-based system has been provided by BISAG, India’s premier organization in GIS-based informatics.
- The software, apart from capturing the textual details of all proposals relating to defence management, integrates these textual details with Raksha Bhoomi software as well as other relevant GIS-layers which include satellite imagery of the area, other amenities.
Bhaskaracharya Institute for Space Applications and Geoinformatics(BISAG) is a State level agency by Government of Gujarat to facilitate to provide services and solutions in implementing map-based Geospatial Information Systems
Currently, BISAG is working to implement geo-spatial technologies for the planning and developmental activities pertaining to agriculture, land and water resource management, wasteland/watershed development, forestry, disaster management, infrastructure and education.