In news– Due to logistics problems being experienced by participants, the DefExpo 2022 proposed to be held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat from March 10th till March 14th has been postponed.
About Defence Expo 2022-
- Defence Exhibition Organisation (DEO), the Ministry of Defence had to host the 12th edition of prestigious biennial defence exhibition, DefExpo 2022, at Gandhinagar, Gujarat from March 10-14, 2022.
- This mega defence international exhibition is focussing on land, air, naval, internal homeland security and electronic systems.
- The Government, with policy initiatives of ‘Make in India’ and ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat’ believes that India has tremendous potential to emerge as a global defence manufacturing hub. Therefore, the same theme has been adopted for Def Expo 2022.
- The DefExpo seminars are planned to be held in a hybrid format, enabling the speakers as well as the audience to participate in various seminars virtually.
- The seminars, which will be streamed worldwide, will be conducted by leading industry fora, international fora, think-tanks, media houses, Indian industry, DRDO, Ministry of Civil Aviation, state governments etc.
- The seminars are themed on exports, future of Civil Aviation in India, R&D, Future of Conflicts, Aero Engines and MRO, Outreach programs by the State Governments on investment opportunities etc.
- Leading international and national experts from defence and aerospace sectors have been invited as speakers for the seminars.
- The event is expected to help boost investment, expand manufacturing capacities and capabilities, discover avenues for technology absorption and thus, contribute to furthering the target of $5 billion defence export by 2024.