About Defence Expo 2022-
- Defence Exhibition Organisation (DEO), the Ministry of Defence had to host the 12th edition of prestigious biennial defence exhibition, DefExpo 2022, at Gandhinagar, Gujarat from March 10-14, 2022.
- This mega defence international exhibition is focussing on land, air, naval, internal homeland security and electronic systems.
- The Government, with policy initiatives of ‘Make in India’ and ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat’ believes that India has tremendous potential to emerge as a global defence manufacturing hub. Therefore, the same theme has been adopted for Def Expo 2022.
- The DefExpo seminars are planned to be held in a hybrid format, enabling the speakers as well as the audience to participate in various seminars virtually.
- The seminars, which will be streamed worldwide, will be conducted by leading industry fora, international fora, think-tanks, media houses, Indian industry, DRDO, Ministry of Civil Aviation, state governments etc.
- The seminars are themed on exports, future of Civil Aviation in India, R&D, Future of Conflicts, Aero Engines and MRO, Outreach programs by the State Governments on investment opportunities etc.
- Leading international and national experts from defence and aerospace sectors have been invited as speakers for the seminars.
- The event is expected to help boost investment, expand manufacturing capacities and capabilities, discover avenues for technology absorption and thus, contribute to furthering the target of $5 billion defence export by 2024.