Source: Press Information Bureau
Recently the Union Minister of Human Resource Development has released UGC Guide to Student Induction Programme – “Deeksharambh”
- The Student Induction Programme aims to help new students in adjusting in the new environment and making them feel comfortable.
- It also engages Students to inculcate in them the ethos, institutional policies, process and culture of the institution before the regular classes start.
Other key highlights about the programme
- The Programme is intended to empower the aspirant learners to face the Competitive world with confidence and helps to open new horizons of life leading to character building based on Universal Human Values such as Truth, Righteous conduct, Love, Non-violence, Peace and assist in developing self awareness , compassion and oneness.
- Further, to spread awareness about Deeksharambh – Student Induction Programme (SIP) in Higher Education Institutions and its stakeholders, UGC has decided to conduct Awareness Programmes and training programme for teachers in different regions of the country
- The Programme engages with the new students as soon as they come into the institution, before regular classes start.
- At the start of the induction, the incumbents learn about the institutional policies, processes, practices, culture and values, and their mentor groups are formed.
Significance of the Programme
- The Student Induction Programme would help to develop an everlasting bonding of faculty members with students and helps them to expose them to a sense of larger purpose and self exploration.