The Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying has set up a Dairy Investment Accelerator to promote & facilitate investments in the Dairy sector.
About Dairy Investment Accelerator
- It is set up by the Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying (DAHD), Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying.
- It has been set up under DAHD Investment Facilitation Cell.
- This Investment Accelerator is a cross functional team constituted to serve as the interface with investors. It shall provide support across the investment cycle:
- Offering specific inputs for evaluation of investment opportunities.
- Addressing queries about application to govt. schemes.
- Connecting with strategic partners.
- Providing on-ground assistance with state departments & relevant authorities.
- It will work with DAHD to organize a series of events with global & local industry participants and one-on-one discussions with the investors to understand their perspectives, facilitate direct interactions with government officials and connect with other players in the industry.
- Dairy Investment Accelerator is also generating awareness among investors about the Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development fund (AHIDF).
Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development fund (AHIDF)
- AHIDF is one of the flagship schemes by DAHD, Government of India whereby Rs. 15,000 crore fund has been set up for offering financial support to entrepreneurs, private companies, MSME, Farmers Producers Organizations (FPOs), and Section 8 companies to establish
- The dairy processing and value addition infrastructure.
- Meat processing and value addition infrastructure.
- Animal Feed Plant.
Objectives of AHIDF
- To help increase milk and meat processing capacity and product diversification thereby providing greater access for unorganized rural milk and meat producers to organized milk and meat markets.
- To make available increased price realization for the producer.
- To make available quality milk and meat products for the domestic consumer.
- To fulfill the objective of protein enriched quality food requirement of the growing population of the country and prevent malnutrition in one of the highest malnourished children population in the world.
- Develop entrepreneurship and generate employment.
- To promote exports and increase the export contribution in the milk and meat sector.
- To make available quality concentrated animals feed to the cattle, buffalo, sheep, goat, pig and poultry to provide balanced ration at affordable prices.
Milk production in India
- India is the largest milk producer contributing 23% of global milk production. Annual milk production in the country has grown by 6.4% (CAGR) in the past 5 years.
- Dairy is a high priority sector for the Government of India due to its socio-economic significance.
- It is the single largest agricultural commodity contributing 5% of the national economy and employing 80 Mn+ farmers directly.
- The Dairy sector has seen substantial foreign direct investment (FDI) constituting about 40% of FDIs Indian food sector.