Union Minister of Science & Technology launched CuRED or CSIR Ushered Repurposed Drugs Website
Key features of CuRED
- CuRED website gives comprehensive information about the numerous COVID-19 clinical trials that CSIR is engaged in partnership with Industry, other government departments and ministries.
- It provides information about the drugs, diagnostics and devices including the current stage of the trials, partnering institutions and their role in the trials and other details.
A brief note on the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)
- CSIR is known for its cutting edge R&D knowledge base in diverse S&T areas, is a contemporary R&D organization.
- CSIR covers a wide spectrum of science and technology – from radio and space physics, oceanography, geophysics, chemicals, drugs, genomics, biotechnology and nanotechnology to mining, aeronautics, instrumentation, environmental engineering and information technology.
- It provides significant technological intervention in many areas with regard to societal efforts which include environment, health, drinking water, food, housing, energy, farm and non-farm sectors.
- Further, CSIR’s role in S&T human resource development is noteworthy.
- CSIR is pioneer of India’s intellectual property movement