Source: PIB & Ministry of Culture
- The objective of the Scheme is to enrich the awareness of culture amongst youth, in order to promote cultural awareness; mutual understanding and respect, as also to develop a love for India’s rich heritage, with a view to developing appropriate leadership qualities amongst youth.
- The focus of the programme will be on the less privileged children residing in backward areas. Usage of vernacular languages for propagation will be made to the extent possible, for carrying out these activities.
The Scheme is handled by
Centre for Cultural Resource & Training
- Approved Implementing Agencies:
- Any cultural institutions under the Ministry of Culture or a voluntary organization (such as registered societies, trusts etc.) may apply for being included in the list of approved implementing agencies.
- Such inclusion in the list may be on a long term basis or for a specific term/activity, as approved by the Expert Appraisal Committee(EAC).
- Approved Implementing Agencies can establish their own decentralized mechanism to work directly with the schools/colleges/youth organizations and to ensure that the participation of young persons receives the encouragement that it deserves.
- Eligible institutions:
- Any school, college or a voluntary organization in the cultural field working directly with the children (such as Registered Societies, Trusts etc.) may apply for inclusion in the list of ‘eligible institutions’ for conducting visits to museums/art galleries/monuments (or a combination thereof) and/or for viewing/ participation in theatre/dance/music performances etc.
- Inclusion in the list of ‘eligible institutions’ would generally be for a specific activity/year, though in special circumstances, the EAC may permit the inclusion on a longer-term basis.
- In addition to this, the ‘approved implementing agencies’ may identify and work with schools/colleges that fulfil the eligibility conditions without making a reference to the EAC for their inclusion in the list, provided all other conditions are met.