Source: PIB & Ministry of Food Processing Industries
An Inter-Ministerial Approval Committee (IMAC) under the chairmanship of Minister of Food Processing Industries has approved projects worth Rs 271 crore under the Creation/Expansion of Food Processing & Preservation Capacities (CEFPPC) scheme.
Objectives of the scheme
The main objective of the Scheme is the creation of processing and preservation capacities and modernization /expansion of existing food processing units which will help in increasing the level of processing, value addition and thereby lead to a reduction of wastage and enhancement of farmers’ income.
Food processing sectors eligible under the Scheme include;
- Fruits & vegetable processing
- Milk Processing
- Meat/poultry/fish processing
- Ready to Eat / Ready to Cook Food Products/ Breakfast cereals/Snacks/bakery and other food products including nutritional health foods
- Grains/pulses, oilseed milling and processing based on modern technology.
- Modern Rice milling.
- Other Agri-Horti products including spices, coconut, soybean, mushroom processing, honey processing, etc.
- Fruits/ Honey based wines.
- Natural Food flavours, food additives/ food extracts & colours, oleoresins, guar gum, cocoa products etc.
- Manufacturing jaggery from sugarcane and value-added products from jaggery (as raw material) except sugar mills.
- Any other sector that makes food products fit for human consumption.
- Animal feed manufacturing unit to be set up in Mega Food Parks and Agro-Processing Clusters approved by the Ministry from time to time.
Sectors which are not included
- The activities related to the manufacture of aerated water, packaged drinking water and carbonated drinks will not be considered for financial assistance under the Scheme.
- Farming activities such as dairy farming, poultry farming, mushroom farming, hatcheries etc. are not eligible sector under the scheme.
Scheme is implemented through organizations such as Central & State PSUs/ Joint Ventures/ Farmer Producers Organization (FPOs)/ NGOs/ Cooperatives/ SHG’s/ Pvt. Ltd companies/ individuals proprietorship firms engaged in establishment/ upgradation/ modernization of food processing units.