In news- India’s first Pan-India toll-free helpline for senior citizens – 14567, called ‘Elder Line’ has been launched.
More about the helpline-
- The purpose of ‘Elder Line’ is to provide all senior citizens, or their well-wishers, with ONE platform across the country to connect and share their concerns, get information and guidance on problems that they face.
- It provides free information and guidance on pension issues, legal issues, extends emotional support, intervenes on field in cases of abuse, and rescues homeless elderly.
- It is a culmination of the initiative of Tata Trusts and its partner, Vijayavahini Charitable Foundation, in 2017, in collaboration with the Government of Telangana in Hyderabad, to help the elderlies in the city.
- Tata Trusts and NSE Foundation, as technical partners, are jointly supporting the Ministry of Social Justice in operationalizing Elder Line.
- Till date, 17 states have already opened the Elder line for their respective geographies.
- Till date nearly 40% calls were related to guidance required in the vaccine and queries related to it and nearly 23% of calls were related to pension.