In News: The Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI) in Lucknow has set up a Common Research and Technology Development Hub (CRTDH) to extend support to hospitals for clinical trials and to pharma industry,
- Innovation creates entrepreneurship – building enterprises that drive economic development of the nation.
- With the right facilities, ecosystem and investment, an innovative idea can be translated into marketable products and services.
- With this objective, the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) set up the Common Research and Technology Development Hub (CRTDH) at CSIR – CCMB.
- Under this scheme, CCMB has created the CRTDH facility where Startups & MSMEs in life- sciences can utilise sophisticated testing facilities, equipment & infrastructure, intellectual support necessary to test and validate their idea.
- Besides providing analytical services and advanced research equipment, CRTDH also facilitates industry-institution interactions and assists MSMEs & Startups get access to already developed technologies available in the CSIR laboratories for taking their ideas to market.
- CTRDH-CCMB aims to be a bridge between basic research and translation.
- By empowering startups and MSMEs to become competitive and productive through world class scientific research facilities, we want to help them build scalable proof of concepts that can be successfully translated into viable business models.
- Enabling high quality R&D in diagnostics and biopharmaceuticals through the right ecosystem where MSMEs & startups can successfully translate ideas into marketable products and services that add value to the health and wealth of the nation.
- CRTDH offers a range of analytical infrastructure facilities and services to startups, academic institutes, R&D organizations, industries and MSMEs in carrying out advanced research activities in the field of healthcare, diagnostic kits, biopharmaceuticals and medical devices.
- By providing affordable access to sophisticated equipment testing facilities, infrastructure, intellectual support, this centre is actively contributing to building a sustaining ecosystem for nurturing improvements in life sciences.