In news : Registration for next phase of COVID19 Vaccination on Co-WIN2.0 portal has been started on 1st March 2021
- As per the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Citizens will be able to register and book and appointment for vaccination, anytime and anywhere, using the COWIN 2.0 portal or through other IT applications such as Arogya Setu etc.
- This information was shared during the orientation workshop organised by the Union Health Ministry and the National Health Authority (NHA) for the 10,000 private hospitals under Ayushman Bharat PMJAY, more than 600 hospitals empanelled under CGHS and other private hospitals empanelled under State Government’s Health Insurance Schemes,on Co-WIN2.0.
- The CO-WIN application will facilitate the citizen with an option to register and schedule the vaccination session online in Centers of their choice.
- The Citizen self-registration module will ensure fool-proof identification of deserving candidates for receiving the vaccines. The Co-WIN application facilitates multiple role creations for orchestrating vaccination drive at various levels.
- The modalities of the new features integrated in the CoWIN2.0 digital platforms were explained to them.
- There will be only one live appointment for a beneficiary at any point of time for each dose.
- It was also explained that the central government shall procure all the vaccines and supply them free of cost to the states and U.T.s who in turn will disburse them further to the government and private COVID Vaccination Centres (CVCs
- It was re-iterated that all vaccines provided to beneficiaries at the government health facilities will be entirely free of cost, while private facilities cannot charge the beneficiary a sum above Rs.250 per person per dose (Rs.150 for vaccines and Rs.100 as operational charges).
- Private hospitals will have to remit the cost of vaccine doses allotted to them in a designated account of National Health Authority (NHA).
- Payment gateway for the same is being enabled by the NHA on their website
Who will be eligible for vaccination?
The participants were explained that all citizens that are aged, or will attain the age of, 60 years or more as on 1st January 2022 are eligible to register, in addition to all such citizens that are aged, or will attain the age of, 45 years to 59 years as on 1st January 2022, and have any of the specified 20 comorbidities
Registration to Co-WIN 2.0
The eligible persons will be able to register at the Co-WIN2.0 portal through their mobile number, through a step by step process. With one mobile number, a person can register as many as four beneficiaries. However, all those registered on one mobile number will have nothing in common except the mobile number. The Photo ID Card Number for each such beneficiary must be different.
Either of the following Photo Identity Documents can be used by citizens for availing of online registration–
- Aadhar Card/Letter
- Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC)
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- NPR Smart Card
- Pension Document with photograph
National Health Authority (NHA)
- It is the apex body responsible for implementing India’s flagship public health insurance/assurance scheme ‘Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana’.
- It is the the successor of National Health Agency, which was functioning as a registered society since 23rd May, 2018.
- Pursuant to Cabinet decision for full functional autonomy, National Health Agency was reconstituted as the National Health Authority on 2nd January 2019
- NHA is governed by a Governing Board chaired by the Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare.
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO), an officer in the rank of Secretary to the Government of India manages its affairs.
What is Co-WIN?
- Co-WIN is an extension of the government’s electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN), which was launched in 2015 for India’s universal immunization programme.
- Co-WIN aimed to reduce wastage of vaccines through improper cold storage, avoid vaccine stock-outs at inoculation centres and ensure availability of enough vaccines for all targeted children and pregnant women.
- The UN Development Programme (UNDP), which helped build eVIN, along with the IT ministry developed an extension of the module as a comprehensive cloud-based solution for covid-19 vaccination in India.