In News: The City Innovation Exchange (CiX) platform was launched by the Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
City Innovation Exchange (CiX)
- It is a platform which engages with innovators to design-test-deliver on solutions to pressing urban challenges through an ‘open innovation’ process.
- It is designed on the philosophy of ‘everyone is an innovator’.
- The Smart Cities Mission will partner and effectively collaborate with Startup India, Atal Innovation Mission, AGNIi and other initiatives in the Indian Innovation ecosystem.
- The Platform has more than 400 start-ups, 100 smart cities, more than 150 challenges statements and over 215 solutions at the time of launch.
Significance of CiX
- It is among the ongoing efforts of the Government to realise Prime Minister’s vision of New and AtmaNirbhar Bharat.
- It aims to make cities more self-reliant and enabled to meet the needs of and provide services to their citizens.
- The platform will bring together Citizen Organisations-Academia- Businesses- Government to co-create for the future of Urban India in a transparent and sustainable manner.
- It will connect cities to innovators across the national ecosystem to design innovative solutions for their pressing challenges.
- The platform will ease the discovery, design & validation of solutions through a robust, transparent and user centric process that will reduce barriers for innovators and cities to discover fitting solutions.
- The platform in due time will help our cities in adopting solutions that will enhance the quality of life for its residents and significantly improve the Ease of Doing Business.