National Crime Record Bureau (NCRB) launched Police related Citizen centric services on CCTNS platform
About the Citizen centric service
- These online services will help Citizens in Searching their Missing Persons and Generating Vehicle NOC. The services can be accessed through ‘digitalpolicecitizenservices.gov.in’ portal or through a link in the existing ‘Digital Police Portal’.
- So far such services are being provided through the state-citizen portals and it is the first time that these are being launched centrally
- Two citizen services namely ‘Missing Person Search’ and ‘Generate Vehicle NOC’ will now be available online to Citizens.
Missing person search
- The Citizens can search for their missing kins against the national database of the recovered unidentified found person/unidentified dead bodies from their homes. This will hugely benefit relatives of missing persons and save them from running around the pillar to post, as all such details including photos are available in Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System(CCTNS) and will now be accessible to citizens through this portal at their convenience.
- In this user-friendly search, the citizen may enter search criteria in the portal and the system will search it from the available national database across the country and will display the result immediately with photograph and other details.
Generate Vehicle NOC
- It allows citizens to ascertain the status of a vehicle before its second-hand purchase, as to whether it is suspicious or clean from Police records.
- This search could be made against the National database based on the vehicle’s details; one can generate and download the relevant NOC, required by the RTO before the transfer of ownership.
CCTNS Hackathon and Cyber Challenge 2020
- NCRB and Cyber Peace foundation together have designed CCTNS Hackathon and Cyber Challenge 2020 with the aim to enhance skills and knowledge of law enforcement personnel at ground level.
- This Hackathon has been organized to offer a unique experience to the participants, to advance their skills and knowledge and to promote coordination with industry and academia.
Other key highlights
- NCRB and National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children’s (NCMEC), USA has signed a Memorandum of Understanding to receive information on such material originating from India. NCMEC is a non-profit organization established by the United States Congress.
- It has a centralized reporting system by which internet service providers across the world or intermediaries like Facebook, youtube, etc. can report about persons who circulate images of child pornography.