Recently, the Union Minister for Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions stated that male employees of the government are also now entitled to Child Care Leave
Key reforms are:
- The minister stated that the provision and privilege of Child Care Leave (CCL) will be available only for those male employees who happen to be “single male parent”,
- They may include male employees who are widowers or divorcees or even unmarried and may therefore, be expected to take up the responsibility of child care as a single – handed parent
- In a further relaxation to this provision, Minister informed that an employee on Child Care Leave may now leave the head quarter with the prior approval of Competent Authority.
- In addition, the Leave Travel Concession (LTC) may be availed by the employee even if he is on Child Care Leave.
- Elaborating further, he informed that Child Care Leave can be granted at 100% of leave salary for the first 365 days and 80% of leave salary for the next 365 days.
- In case of a disabled child, the condition of availing Child Care Leave up to the age of 22 years of the child has been removed and now Child Care Leave can be availed by a government servant for a disabled child of any age.