- Dedicated to the furtherance of competent research and development in the firmament of Electronic Materials, the Centre for Materials for Electronics Technology (C-MET).
- Functions as a scientific society under the aegis of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- C-MET envisions attainment of self- sufficiency in the sphere of Electronic materials, components and devices to cater to India’s strategic and industrial applications, exploiting indigenous resources of raw materials.
- R&D activities in C-MET include development of polymer glasses for electronics, specialty chemicals, ultra high purity and refractory metals, semiconductors, photovoltaic materials and Quantum Materials.
- C-MET has core competence in all kinds of nanostructured materials for electrochemical energy storage (L -ion, Na-ion batteries), solar Hydrogen generation, fuel cells and Hydrogen storage C-MET has Centre of Excellences in Rechargeable Battery Technology and Additive Manufacturing.
- C-MET undertakes joint R&D, sponsored research, technology transfer and consultancy projects and provides technical services.