About Central Sector Scheme for Promotion of International Co-operation in AYUSH
- To promote and strengthen awareness and interest about AYUSH Systems of Medicine and to facilitate International promotion, development and recognition of Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sowa-Rigpa and Homoeopathy.
- There are 6 components of the scheme:
- International exchange of experts & officers
- Incentive to drug manufacturers, entrepreneurs, AYUSH institutions etc. for international propagation of AYUSH by participating in international exhibitions, trade fairs, road shows etc. and registration of AYUSH products
- Support for international market development and AYUSH promotion-related activities.
- Translation and publication of AYUSH literature/books in foreign languages.
- Establishment of AYUSH Information Cells and strengthening of Health Centre/ Institution in foreign countries with AYUSH equipment, etc.
- International Fellowship/ scholarship Programme for foreign nationals for undertaking AYUSH courses in premier institutions in India.
The scheme is meant for achieving the following objectives:
- Creation of awareness among the members of the community about the efficacy of the AYUSH Systems, their cost-effectiveness and the availability of herbs used for prevention and treatment of common ailments at their door steps through various channels including the production of audio-visual educational material to achieve the objective of Health for all;
- Dissemination of proven results of R&D work in AYUSH systems at national and international forums;
- Providing a forum where horizontal and vertical interaction among stakeholders of AYUSH systems can take place through conferences, seminars and fairs at regional, national and international levels and encourage stakeholders to participate in them;
Scheme Benefits & Highlights
- International exchange of experts & officers- Actual and as per entitlement for Government official/ representative/ delegate- To and fro Air fare, Daily allowance and local hospitality, Salary/Foreign Deputation Allowance, Medical facilities & insurance cover,Contingencies
- Presentation of AYUSH related scientific research papers in international conferences, workshops, seminar etc.: After having prior approval of the Ministry of AYUSH, 90% of the total expenditure with a max cap of INR 2 lakh for Asian &African countries, INR 3 lakh for f North & South America, Europe and Australia
- AYUSH entrepreneurs, AYUSH drug manufacturing industry, AYUSH Health Care providers etc. participating in international exhibitions, trade fairs, road shows etc. with prior approval of the Ministry of AYUSH will be reimbursed 75% of the expenditure for INR 2 lakh for or Asian &African countries, INR 4 lakh for f North & South America, Europe and Australia
- Market Authorization/ registration of AYUSH products – with USFDA/ EMEA/ UK-MHRA/ NHPD (Canada)/ TGA, Australia/ New Zealand and other international regulatory agencies, etc. abroad – Reimbursement of expenditure Fee paid to the concerned regulatory agency for registration/ market authorization of product and 50% of fee paid to reputed international consultant (if any). Reimbursement, as above will be limited to a sum of Rs. 50 Lakhs or 75% of the actual total amount incurred on market authorization for one product; whichever is less Strengthening of Health Centre/ Institution in foreign countries with AYUSH equipments, etc- – max support of INR 1 Crore
- Translation and publication of AYUSH literature/ books / publicity material etc. in foreign languages- max reimbursement of INR 10 lakh
- Students, Entrepreneurs, MSMEs, etc. are eligible under this wide ranging scheme.
Operation Of The Scheme
The Scheme has the following five components:
- Organization of Arogya Fair in Delhi and State Capitals through reputed organizations like Chemexil, Pharmexcil, CII, FICCI and other reputed organizations, production and dissemination of audio/visual material etc.
- Participation in Health Melas/Exhibition organized by Government Departments and other Organizations.
- Multi-media Campaign for popularization of AYUSH.
- Preparation of Publicity material and dissemination.
- Incentives to AYUSH Industry to participate in Arogya and other Fairs/Exhibitions organized by Government organizations at national level.