Source: PIB & Ministry of Women & Child Development
Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA)celebrated its 5th Annual Day on January 15th
- Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) is a statutory body of the Ministry of Women & Child Development, Government of India.
- It functions as the nodal body for the adoption of Indian children and is mandated to monitor and regulate in-country and inter-country adoptions.
- CARA is designated as the Central Authority to deal with inter-country adoptions in accordance with the provisions of the Hague Convention on Inter-country Adoption, 1993, ratified by the Government of India in 2003.
- CARA primarily deals with the adoption of orphan, abandoned and surrendered children through its associated /recognized adoption agencies.
- CARA was designated as a Statutory Body on 15 Jan 2016, under the provisions of Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015