In news– Recently, the Union Home Minister has launched the Central Armed Police Forces'(CAPF) eAwas web-portal in New Delhi.
About the portal-
- In order to operationalize the revised policy of allotment and to also bring transparency in the allotment process, a common web-portal by the name ‘CAPF eAwas’ for online allotment of Departmental Pool Residential Accommodation and Separated Family Accommodation (SFA) held by CAPFs and Assam Rifles, has been developed.
- The web-portal enables online registration and allotment of residential quarters/SFAs to eligible personnel of all CAPFs& Assam Rifles.
- This portal has been developed on the lines of the online allotment system of ‘General Pool Residential Accommodation (eSampada)’.
- It will facilitate maintenance of an accurate inventory of ‘Residential Quarters/Separated Family Accommodation (SFA)’ held by CAPFs, as well as their allotment through online process to eligible Force personnel.
- The portal also has the provision for intimation to the applicant thru SMS and e-mail at various stages of the allotment process.
- The portal would also facilitate planning for construction of new quarters based on demand-gap analysis.
- CAPFs is a uniform nomenclature for the six Forces of the Union of India under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- These Forces are, the Assam Rifles (AR), the Border Security Force (BSF), the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and the Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
Further reading: https://journalsofindia.com/capf-punarvaas/