What is mobile App ‘Prahari’?
- BSF ‘Prahari’ app is a great example of Proactive Governance. Now jawans can get personal information and information related to accommodation, Ayushmann-CAPF and leaves on their mobiles.
- Be it GPF, Bio Data or grievance redressal on “Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System” (CP-GRAMS) or information on various welfare schemes, now Jawans can get all this information through the app and this app will also connect them with the portal of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
About Border Security Force (BSF)-
- It is India’s border guarding organisation on its border with Pakistan and Bangladesh.
- It is one of the five Central Armed Police Forces of India, and was raised in the wake of the 1965 War on 1 December 1965.
- Its motto is “Duty Unto Death”
- It is the only CAPF to have a Full-fledged Water Wing, Air Wing and even an Artillery Regiment of its own.
- The BSF has its own cadre of officers but its head, designated as a Director-General (DG), since its raising has been an officer from the Indian Police Service.
- It currently stands as the world’s largest border guarding force.
- It has been termed as the First Line of Defence of Indian Territories.
Central Armed Police Forces(CAPF) of India-
CAPF is further classified into three:
- Border Guarding Forces—Assam Rifles (AR), Border Security Force (BSF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
- Forces for Internal Security—Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
- Special Task Force—National Security Guard (NSG).