In news- A three-day virtual conference of BRICS Network Universities on the theme of electric mobility was conducted virtually at IIT Bombay.
- The conference is part of the engagements that India is hosting under the education stream as chair of the 13th BRICS Summit this year.
- Experts from Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa talked about various aspects of electric mobility like traffic management, hydrogen technology, hybrid vehicles, lithium-ion batteries and linkage between e-mobility and livelihoods.
About BRICS Network University-
- BRICS Network University (BRICS NU) is a union of higher education institutions of the five BRICS member countries, formed with the objective of enhancing educational cooperation in general, and especially in the realm of research and innovation.
- IIT Bombay is the leading institution of India for the BRICS NU.
- The main activities of the BRICS NU are:
- Offering in conformity with own laws Masters and PhD. programmes;
- short-term training and modular courses;
- Development and implementation of joint research projects, innovative activity within the frames of educational programmes;
- Organization of the academic mobility of students, the university faculty and staff of the BRICS NU participants.