bailey bridge in Jauljibi sector of Pithoragarh district, Uttarakhand in less than three weeks despite frequent landslides and heavy rains. order Roads Organisation (BRO) has constructed a 180-feet The 50-metre span concrete bridge was completely washed out when cloudburst hit the area and the nallas and rivers were flooded. This caused a mud flow of tremendous force. There were many casualties also due to landslides and the road communication was broken. The connectivity will bring relief to about 15,000 people in 20 villages. The constructed bridge has resumed road communication of 66-kilometre road starting from Jauljibi to Munsiyari.
Border Roads Organization
Mission of BRO
- To support the armed forces meet their strategic needs by committed, dedicated and cost effective development and sustenance of the infrastructure.
- To achieve international levels of quality excellence and time consciousness in a diversified sphere of construction activity in a cost effective manner.
- Optimise potential and expertise through increased involvement in agency, transnational and national development projects.
- To attain leadership in development, adoption, assimilation and use of state of the art technology.
- To create the environment for accurate, real time and effective decision making through optimising use of information technology.
- Through a focus on core competencies; ensure highest level of skill and proficiency in construction activity.
- To sustain a sense of values in the organisation that will ensure a high level of self esteem in each individual and immeasurable synergy in the organisation.
- To help enrich the quality of life of the community and ensure all round growth.
- To develop & maintain roads to keep the line of control through in original sectors and redeployed sectors.
- Contribute to the socio-economic development of the border states.