- The Department of Biotechnology invites applications from women scientists for Biotechnology Career Advancement and Re-orientation Programme (BioCARe) for Women Scientists.
Ministry: Ministry of Science and Technology
Biotechnology Career Advancement and Re-orientation Programme (BioCARe)
- In an attempt to enhance the participation of Women Scientists in Biotechnology Research, the Department of Biotechnology launched a Biotechnology Career Advancement and Re-orientation Programme (BioCARe) for women scientists in January, 2011.
- The programme is mainly for Career Development of employed/ unemployed women Scientists upto 55 years of age for whom it is the first extramural research grant.
- Applicants must hold M.D/M. Tech /Ph. D/M.VSc/Equivalent degree in any branch of Life Sciences. (In case of different backgrounds of the applicant, the Letter of Intents if in one of the areas mentioned in the guidelines- can be submitted).
- Women Scientists who are employed or unemployed or are desirous of coming back after a break can get back to the mainstream by getting their first grant as the Principal Investigator.
- Women Scientists upto 55 years of age.
- Note-Women Scientist who have already availed any grant as a Principal Investigator from any Government Funding Agency are not eligible to apply.
- The purpose is to build capacities for women Scientists employed full time in Universities and small research laboratories or unemployed women Scientists after a career break so as to help them undertake independent R&D projects.
- Plant & Agriculture Biotechnology
- Compounds of Industrial / Medicinal Utility
- Animal & Marine Biotechnology
- Bio-Engineering, Biomaterials
- Environmental Biotechnology / Bioenergy
- Medical Biotechnology
- Computational Biology
Some Success Stories
- Out of 165 women scientists who were unemployed at the time of getting their respective BioCARe projects, 22 have got permanent employment