Context: Bhuvan Panchayat V 3.0 Web portal was launched recently
- ISRO will collaborate with the gram panchayat members and stakeholders to understand their data requirements.
- The third version of the portal will provide database visualisation and services for the benefit of panchayat members, among others.
- The project is meant to provide geo-spatial services to aid Gram Panchayat development planning process of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
- With a thematic database on a 1:1000 scale for the entire country is available with integrated high resolution satellite data for planning.
- Bhuvan (means Earth in Sanskrit) is a Geoportal of ISRO, to evince the Indian Earth Observation capabilities from the Indian Remote Sensing (IRS) series of satellites.
- It is an interactive versatile Earth-Browser which showcases multi-sensor, multi-platform and multitemporal images with capabilities to overlay thematic information, interpreted from such imagery as a vector layer, along with near real-time information from Automatic Weather Stations (AWS), Potential Fishing Zone (PFZ) information, disaster support related information like forest fire alerts, periodic agricultural drought assessment etc.
- Bhuvan Panchayat is part of ISRO’s Space-based Information Support for Decentralised Planning Update project.