Source: PIB & The Indian Express
In order to improve the planning and monitoring of government projects, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launched the Bhuvan Panchayat web portal’s version 3.0.
About the portal
- The Bhuvan Panchayat web portal was launched for visualization, planning and monitoring of schemes at panchayat levels. In the project that will last for at least two years, ISRO will collaborate with the gram panchayat members and stakeholders to understand their data requirements.
- The third version of the portal will provide database visualization and services for the benefit of panchayat members, among others.
- The project is meant to provide geospatial services to aid the gram panchayat development planning process of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
- The new portal has a higher resolution and about 47 parameters in total
- The Web Geoportal is an easy to use Geo portal developed for database visualization, data analytics, generation of automatic reports, model-based products and services for the benefit of Gram Panchayat members and other stakeholders.
- The targeted audience for this portal is Public, PRIs and different stakeholders belonging to the gram panchayats.