In news– Recently, the Union Education minister launched the Bhasha Sangam initiative for schools, Bhasha Sangam Mobile App and Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Mobile Quiz to commemorate Rashtriya Ekta Diwas.
About Bhasha Sangam-
- Bhasha Sangam is an initiative of the Ministry of Education under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat, to teach basic sentences of everyday usage in 22 Indian languages under VIII schedule of the Constitution of India.
- The idea is that people should acquire basic conversational skills in an Indian language other than their mother tongue.
- One of its objectives is to enhance linguistic tolerance and respect, and promote national integration.
- It is aimed that at least 75 lakh people should acquire this skill during the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav period.
- Initiatives launched under Bhasha Sangam are:
- An initiative for school children that is being made available on DIKSHA, ePathshala and through 22 booklets.
- Bhasha Sangam Mobile App developed in collaboration with myGov, by a start up called Multibhashi.
- A Mobile App based quiz with over 10,000 questions on states of India developed by Nazara Technologies through the Innovation Cell of Ministry of Education.
Bhasha Sangam Initiative for schools-
- Developed by NCERT.
- 100 sentences in 22 scheduled languages are presented in such a way that children in school will be able to read in the Indian language, in Devanagari script, in roman script and translations into Hindi and English.
- 100 sentences are presented in audio and video form with Indian Sign Language.
- Under this learners in school will be able to get acquainted with all the languages-their scripts, pronunciation.
Bhasha Sangam Mobile App(on Android & iOS)-
- This is an initiative of DoHE, in collaboration with MyGov.
- The App has been developed by a start up Multibhashi, selected by myGov through a competition.
- The App initially has 100 sentences of every day usage in 22 Indian languages.
- These sentences are available in both Roman script and in the script of the given language, and also in audio format.
- A learner will pass through stages on the basis of testing. There is also a detailed testing in the end with generation of digital certificates.
EBSB Quiz App-
- EBSB Quiz game is targeted toward children and youngsters of Bharat for helping them learn more about our different regions, states, culture, national Heroes, monuments, traditions, tourist locations, languages, geography, history, topography,
- The game play is simple – Play Quizzes, Learn & Achieve Grades and has 15 different levels of toughness.
- Currently, EBSB quiz is available on android OS, iOS version.
- This game is currently available in English and Hindi.
- In the next 3 months EBSB quiz will be also available in 12 other different regional languages.