About the campaign-
- It aims to promote the Bhasha Sangam mobile app, developed by the Ministry of Education and MyGov India.
- Using the app, people can learn 100+ sentences of daily use in as many as 22 scheduled Indian languages.
- The initiative also aims to ensure that people acquire basic conversational skills in Indian languages.
- To achieve this, a target of 75 lakh people acquiring basic conversational skills has been set.
- This initiative is encouraging people to upload their selfie with the certificate from their social media accounts using the hashtag #BhashaCertificateSelfie.
- To receive a certificate authorized by the Ministry of Education, a user needs to download the mobile app, available in both Android and iOS versions, select any language from 22 scheduled Indian languages, finish all the levels, give a test and earn a certificate.
- Bhasha Sangam mobile app was launched by Minister of Education and Skill Development Shri Dharmendra Pradhan while commemorating Rashtriya Ekta Diwas which is celebrated on October 31 every year to mark the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
About Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat abhiyan-
- It was announced by the Prime Minister on 31st October 2015 on the occasion of the 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- It aims to actively enhance interaction between people of diverse cultures living in different States and UTs in India, with the objective of promoting greater mutual understanding amongst them.
- Through this innovative measure, the knowledge of the culture, traditions, and practices of different states & UTs will lead to an enhanced understanding and bonding between the states, thereby strengthening the unity and integrity of India.
Its broad objectives are:
- Celebrate the Unity in Diversity of our Nation and to maintain and strengthen the fabric of traditionally existing emotional bonds between the people of our Country.
- Promote the spirit of national integration through a deep and structured engagement between all Indian States and Union Territories through a year-long planned engagement between States.
- Showcase the rich heritage and culture, customs and traditions of either State for enabling people to understand and appreciate the diversity that is India, thus fostering a sense of common identity.
- Establish long-term engagements.
- Create an environment which promotes learning between States by sharing best practices and experiences.
Further reading: https://journalsofindia.com/ek-bharat-shreshta-bharat-abhiyan/