About Bhabha Kavach
- It is India’s indigenously developed bullet-proof jacket
- Bhabha Kavach developed by Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) is the lightest level III plus bulletproof jacket (6.8 kgs nominal weight) available in India.
- The jacket is based on indigenous hot-pressed boron carbide and carbon nanotube technologies.
- Bhabha Kavach is an import substitute and truly a ‘Make in India’ product.
- Bhabha Kavach has qualified all the ballistic tests required as per the National Institute of Justice (NIJ) and the new Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS).
- The level III plus Bhabha Kavach bullet proof jacket can stop 7.62 x 39 mm hard steel core bullets fired from AK 47 rifles, 5.56 x 45mm Ball MK M bullets of Indian Small Arms System (INSAS) rifles and Self Load Rifles (SLR)/Bolt action rifles with a back face signature of less than 15 mm.
- Bhabha Kavach has also received approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs for induction into all Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs).