Ministry: Ministry of Tourism
Objective of the scheme
The main objective of the scheme is to provide a clean and affordable place for foreigners and domestic tourists alike including an opportunity for foreign tourists to stay with an Indian family to experience Indian customs and traditions and relish authentic Indian cuisine
Salient features of the scheme:
- The classification for Approval and Registration of Incredible India Bed and Breakfast/Homestay Establishments will be given only in those cases where the owner/promoter of the establishment along with his/her family is physically residing in the same establishment and letting out minimum one room and maximum six rooms (12 beds).
- The scheme will be on bed and breakfast basis and charges will have to be levied accordingly.
- Classification will be valid for two years from the date of issue of orders.
- The quality of facilities and services of the Bed and Breakfast/Homestay Establishment will be inspected and evaluated by the Regional Classification Committee.
- Two categories of classification namely, ‘
- Silver’ and
- ‘Gold’ .
- With a view to propagate and promote the Scheme for Approval and Registration of Incredible India Bed and Breakfast/Homestay Establishments, the 05 Regional Offices of India Tourism at New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, and Guwahati alongwith the respective State and Union Territory Governments conducted workshops in their region.
- There is no provision to grant financial assistance under the Scheme for Approval and Registration of Incredible India Bed and Breakfast/Homestay Establishments of the Ministry of Tourism.
It is an Indian tourism agency, founded by the Ministry of tourism to promote the International Tourism campaign maintained by the Government of India since 2002, to promote tourism in India. “Incredible India” title was officially branded and promoted since 2002