Union Minister of State for Agriculture launched AYUSHMAN SAHAKAR scheme
Key features of the scheme
- AYUSHMAN SAHAKAR scheme a unique scheme to assist cooperatives play an important role in creation of healthcare infrastructure in the country formulated by National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC).
- Under the scheme, NCDC would extend term loans to prospective cooperatives to the tune of Rs.10,000 Crore in the coming years
- NCDC’s scheme aligns itself with the focus of the National Health Policy, 2017, covering the health systems in all their dimensions-
- investments in health
- organization of healthcare services
- access to technologies
- development of human resources
- encouragement of medical pluralism
- affordable health care to farmers etc.
- It has a comprehensive approach-hospitals, healthcare, medical education, nursing education, paramedical education, health insurance and holistic health systems such as AYUSH.
- Ayushman Sahakar scheme fund would also assist cooperative hospitals to take up medical / Ayush education.
- The scheme also provides working capital and margin money to meet operational requirements. The scheme provides interest subvention of one percent to women majority cooperatives.
Who can access the NCDC?
- Any Cooperative Society with a suitable provision in its bylaws to undertake healthcare-related activities would be able to access the NCDC fund.
- NCDC assistance will flow either through the State Governments/ UT Administrations or directly to the eligible cooperatives.
- Subsidy/ grant from other sources can be dovetailed.
- NCDC’s scheme will be a step towards strengthening farmers welfare activities by the Central Government
- The scheme would revolutionize the way healthcare delivery takes place in rural areas
|National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC)|